- ABV: 45%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Indian single malt whisky
- Cost: £68.95
- Origin: Rampur distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Matured in American Bourbon barrels and meticulously perfected in Indian Cabernet Sauvignon casks for the first time in History resulting in a unique expression with an impeccable balance.
Creating history yet again with a royal marriage that is beautifully made in heaven. We have taken the Indus route and perfected this golden nectar in Indian red wine casks.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Typical tropical fruity note of Rampur with added notes of apricot, blackberry & plum followed with a faint hint of tobacco and spices.
Palate: Velvety, manuka honey sweetness highlighted by spicy oak, vanilla and balanced with dryness from Indian red wine.
Finish: The Indian trail lingers with a medium finish.
What I say
Sampled during the Rampur tasting celebrating Diwali. Hosted by Sanjeev Banga – President of International Business, Radico Khaitan, Kunal Madan – Assistant Vice President of International Business, Radico Khaitan and Anup Barik – Master Distiller, Rampur Distillery who led us through the Rampur range and story. The latest release is this Asava expression finished in french oak casks previously used to mature Indian Cabernet Sauvignon red wine.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber ruby gold (10/20), medium-fine tears and straight legs.
- Nose: Fruity, red fruits, rose, lychee, a little closed and drier, chocolate, cocoa powder, plum, black cherry and tobacco leaf.
- Taste: Lightly fruity, rose, apple, bramble, dries into soft cinnamon & nutmeg spices, apricot, honey, plum, oily, tobacco leaf, soft malt and woody oak tannins.
- Finish: Drying, slightly tannic oak wood, red grape and dark cherries.
Another highly drinkable and delicately finished/balanced expression matching Rampur’s spirit to red wine cask influences.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review