anCnoc 12 Years Old
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £30.95 available from Amazon.com
- Origin: Knockdhu distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
The anCnoc 12 year old is renowned the world over. Known as a must-have in any whisky drinker’s collection, it’s light and yet complex. Smooth yet challenging. And each twist and turn delivers a surprise. In fact, this is a dram that has something for everyone.
Official tasting notes:
- Colour: Gentle amber with a slight yellow hue.
- Nose: Soft, very aromatic with a hint of honey and lemon in the foreground.
- Taste: Sweet to start with an appetising fruitiness and a long smooth finish. Light yet complex, smooth yet challenging. This is a dram that has something for everyone.
What I say
Another revisit to anCnoc’s 12 year old as part of their #lightondark comparison of unpeated versus peated whiskies. This time we are celebrating the release of anCnoc’s Peatheart batch 2., starting with a look at their classic 12yo expression.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Orange amber gold (10/20), oily, medium drops and medium legs.
- Nose: Fruity, apple, pear, peach, sherbet, starburst, gently malty, cereal, biscuit, lemon puff and malted milk, coconut rings, heather honey, blueberries and golden syrup on pancakes, floral.
- Taste: Medium-full bodied, silky and smooth on the palate, rich, honey and syrup notes continue, fruit is more subdued ‘baked’ apple turnovers, peach cobbler both with a good helping of vanilla ice-cream, some floral lillies.
- Finish: Long, sweet, dry, oaky spices and honey.
A good & classic anCnoc expression, quite flavourful and rich even presented at 40% ABV with lots of dessert-led fruit and sweetness.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review