Pere Magloire XO Pays d’Auge Calvados (40%. OB, 2019)
- ABV: 40%
- Age: XO, 9+ years old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Pays d’Auge Calvados
- Cost: £59.95
- Origin: Pere Magloire distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Père Magloire X.O. Calvados is the cornerstone of the collection. Connoisseurs appreciate the perfect balance between the fruitiness of the apple and the flavours absorbed during more than nine years of ageing in century-old oak barrels. This Calvados is, without doubt, the most harmonious blend arising from a distillation of Pays d’Auge ciders and nothing else. The double distillation gives it an aromatic complexity and an exceptional length in the mouth.
Official tasting notes:
- On the nose there are seductive aromas of ripe apples. The palate is complex and tender with a red fruit bouquet and sparkling fresh vanilla with an impressive aftertaste.
What I say
A re-sampling of Pere Magloire XO expression in comparison to VSOP.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Orange gold (12/20), medium-large tears and legs.
- Nose: Balanced fruit and oak wood, tangerine skin, muscat grapes/wine, hazelnut, vanilla bean, brioche, sandalwood, mellow.
- Taste: Fruity, peach, apple, dried apricot, woody oak and cedar, resinous, almond and cashew nut, caramel and honey sweetness.
- Finish: Medium, balanced, honeyed oak wood and caramel apple granny.
Super mellow and smooth, hints of floral sandalwood, oak and apple.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review