Knockando 18 Years Old 1994
- ABV: 43%
- Age: 18 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £52.95
- Origin: Knockando distillery
- Vintage: 1994
What they say
A succulent Knockando single malt Scotch whisky, distilled in 1994 and matured for at least 18 years in Sherry casks. Brimming with Sherry-soaked raisin, fresh almond and brown sugar notes, with a good whack of oak showing off its age, this is a great late evening dram.
MoM tasting notes:
- Nose: Opens with Sherried orange peels, honey’d cereals and walnuts.
- Palate: Cedar wood, marzipan, green apple liquorice and a hint of garden herbs.
- Finish: Drying oak spice dominates the finish.
What I say
Distilled at Knockando distillery during the 1994 season and bottled at 18 years old.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Bright amber gold (11/20) rare, medium tears, long, fine legs.
- Nose: Fruity, dark cherry, plum, raisin, kirsch, fruitcake, thick malt, barley sugars, red grapes/vinous, toffee, coffee, butter candies, cream, sugar, vanilla, caramel.
- Taste: Creamy highland toffee, cherryade, thick malt, soreen malt loaf, woody oak, tannic, tobacco leaf, touch of cinnamon and woody spice, cappucino coffee.
- Finish: Long, woody, raisin, fruitcake persists.
Quite deep and dark with plenty of woody and malty notes and distinct sherry influence with dried fruits such as raisins, plenty of caramel and toffee also, very nice.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review