Knockando 12 Years Old 2003 Season (43%, OB, 2015)
- ABV: 43%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £discontinued
- Origin: Knockando distillery
- Vintage: 2003
What they say
12 year old single malt from Speyside’s Knockando distillery, matured in bourbon casks which were filled in 2003. A vanilla-forward and fruit expression, with plenty of malt notes to back it up.
MoM tasting notes:
- Nose: Apple and kiwi, along with a hint of white grape too. Handfuls of vanilla pods.
- Palate: Butterscotch ice cream with caramel sauce. Some candied ginger hints bring spice.
- Finish: Quite nutty on the finish. A lingering sweetness.
What I say
Distilled at Knockando distillery during the 2003 season and bottled at 12 years old.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: White Burgundy (6/20), medium tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose: Fruity and sweet, apple, pear, fresh and stewed/baked fruits, light honey, cereal biscuit, malted milk and hcocolate digestive biscuits, something zesty, grapefruit peel, ginger?
- Taste: Medium-bodied, creamy palate, green banana and lime zestiness, peach, chocolate limes, touch of sour oak wood, vanilla, cereals, rhubarb and apple pie with cinnamon and custard, chalky & fruity antacids.
- Finish: Refreshing and zesty, cereal, fruit then drying spice, a touch leathery.
A fruity and creamy expression with more than a touch of minerality, more like antacids than Edinburgh rock, reasonably pleasing creamy texture but a bit meh flavour wise.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply