Roger Groult Reserve Calvados Pays d’Auge
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 3 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Calvados Pays d’Auge
- Cost: £35
- Origin: Calvados Roger Groult
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Distilled in copper pot stills, which gives the Calvados body, before being aged in French oak casks for a minimum of 3 years. The apples are specially selected for Calvados production, to create a balanced, full flavoured drink.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Fruity and fresh, with a creamy note and tart apple notes.
- Palate: Soft and smooth, with Hazelnut and a touch of mint.
What I say
The old entry level classic blend from Calvados Roger Groult, replaced by their 3 Ans in their new livery and lineup.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Light yellow gold (7/20), large tears and long, thick legs.
- Nose: Dried apples, slightly dusty, old oak wood, lemon citrus, white grapes, brioche, light green tea leaves.
- Taste: Sweet vanillic, slightly sour, more dried apple slices, hints of stone fruits, peach and apricot, dry woody spices, oak wood, cedar, vanilla bean, coffee grounds/cocoa beans.
- Finish: Long, drying and leathery, dried apple.
A lovely base expression from Calvados Groult an unusual dried feeling to the fruit/apple in flavour and also texture too.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review