Michel Huard Vieux Calvados (40%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 7 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Calvados
- Cost: £32.95
- Origin: Calvados Michel Huard
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
A half-bottle of Michel Huard’s excellent Vieux Calvados, which has been aged for seven years in oak, developing delicious spicy notes to complement the fresh, apple character. The family grows more than 30 varieties of apples to use across its range.
What I say
Michel Huard’s Vieux Blend reportedly aged for a minimum of 7 years.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark & full gold (9/20), medium-large tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Polished oak wood, floral, blossom, almonds, some a little toasted, vanilla, honey, gentle smokey wood smoke.
- Taste: Clear apple juice, oak wood, toffee, nutty, rancio, hazelnut, honey, nougat, forest berries, touch of herbality and tannins too.
- Finish: Medium-long, polished oak, slightly aniseed.
A superb floral and almost smokey expression, smoked and toasted almonds abound within a rather complex expression.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review