Boulard La Cuvée Vincent Calvados (40%, OB, 2016)
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 3-6 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Calvados Pay d’Auge
- Cost: £29
- Origin: Calvados Boulard
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
The La Cuvée Vincent expression from Boulard’s Calvados range is made with a blend of spirits that have been aged between three to six years in oak casks before being bottled. With a vibrant, exciting flavour profile, this would make for a great aperitif.
What I say
La Cuvée Vincent from Calvados Boulard is a blend of 3-6 year old matured stock, in their new range this is replaced with the 4+ year old VSOP expression which sounds of a similar flavour profile.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (9/20), numerous, slow, medium-fine tears and strong legs.
- Nose: Sweet, vanilla, apple, bubblegum, blossom, hint of woody cinnamon spice, aniseed, buttery macadamia nut and brioche, estery and aromatic, caramel and oak wood.
- Taste: Mellow body, baked apple, apple pie, buttery shortcrust pastry, peach, apricot, touch of citrus lemon, oak wood, caramel, vanilla, cashew nut and black pepper.
- Finish: Long, drying with prickly black pepper spice.
A lovely mixture of soft, baked apples with peppery oak wood spice with some fruity and sour notes too.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review