Glentauchers 27 Years Old 1991 Connoisseurs Choice
- ABV: 56.8 %
- Age: 27 Years Old
- Bottling: Gordon & MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, 1st Fill Sherry Butt, Cask #6943
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £199.95
- Origin: Glentauchers distillery
- Vintage: 1991
What they say
Official tasting notes:
What I say
Distilled at Glentauchers in 1991 and matured for 27 years before bottling in 2018 as part of Gordon & MacPhail’s Connoisseurs Choice range/cask stregth selection at 56.8% ABV. I originally got into Glentauchers from G&M’s distillery label bottlings which always impressed me, so great to try out a single cask at cask strength from htem.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (11/20), medium-fine tears, fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet and syrupy, leather, fudge, sticky golden syrup, touch solventy and woody pear and apple fruits in vanilla custard, creme brulee, errs on the burnt sugars side.
- Taste: Zesty with a touch of flint minerality, mixed peels, tobacco leaf, woody, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, caramelised sugars, cask char, wood smoke and mocha coffee.
- Finish: Medium, dark chocolate mocha coffee and raisins.
Full of dark smoke and wood, not too fruity and a little mineralic/flinty make for a rather unusual but enjoyable expression.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review