anCnoc 16 Years Old 125th Anniversary Edition (56.3%, OB, 3000 bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 56.3%
- Age: 16 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, 125th Anniversary Edition, 3000 bottles
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £98.95
- Origin: Knockdhu distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
John Morrison saw a golden vision of the future as the pure crystal spring water rushed from the Black Hill through the Highland peatlands. A dreamer and visionary, he saw a clear opportunity to turn this gift from nature into something to be treasured.
Our small distillery was established in 1894 and through the years its production methods have hardly changed. History, heritage, pride and passion run through Knockdhu’s majestic stills today, just as they did all those years ago to create a thoroughly modern, yet traditional spirit proudly named after its Black Hill origins, anCnoc. Discover more about our distillery here.
125 years later, that picture of the past is still present, thanks to John Morrison’s pioneering spirit.
At the time of our establishment in 1894, we were considered the perfect embodiment of a modern distillery. We still live and work by that traditional approach while embracing the changing times of the present to bring you two new releases: anCnoc 16 Years Old and Peat in celebration of Knockdhu’s 125th anniversary and our modern tradition.
Released for the first time at cask strength with sweet vanilla notes, delicate spice and a hint of coconut and butterscotch toffee, the 16 Years Old is a unique taste of our history in a light, modern and elegant expression.
Official tasting notes:
- Colour: Pale bright golden.
- Nose: Sweet vanilla, notes of coconut & butterscotch toffee.
- Taste: Citrus, faintly spice, vanilla & green apple fruitiness.
What I say
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Refractive gold (8/20), medium tears, medium legs.
- Nose: Vanilla, custard, biscuit, cereal barley, lemon barley sugars, dusty milled barley flour, coconut cream.
- Taste: Light-bodied, vanilla and spice, cinnamon, white pepper, light honey, citrus peel, grapefruit pith, desiccated coconut.
- Finish: Medium, dry oak, spices and vanilla.
A little underwhelming, spicy with plenty of vanilla on the nose but doesn’t really translate into the palate.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review