Teeling 24 Years Old Vintage Reserve Collection
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 24 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Sauternes Cask finish
- Category: Irish single malt whiskey
- Cost: £395
- Origin: Teeling distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
The Teeling Whiskey Company is proud to introduce this special release of some of the oldest Irish Single Malt in the world. Matured initially in Bourbon casks before being given an additional maturation in ex-Sauternes wine barrels, imparting a distinctly unique flavour. Limited to 5,000 bottles per batch and bottled at 46% with no chill filtration completing a whiskey of true character. Awarded World’s Best Single Malt, 2019 at the World Whiskies Awards, this is a whiskey to savour.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Aromas of white grapes, cut grass, apricots and white chocolate.
- Taste: Silky smooth, with flavours of fig jam, honey, apricots, white chocolate and crisp saltiness at the end to balance the sweetness off.
- Finish: Long and mellow.
What I say
Distilled at Teeling Distillery and matured in ex-Bourbon casks before finishing in Ex-Sauternes casks. Bottled at 24 years old and 46% in 206, producing a limited run of 5000 bottles this was one of the oldest irish single malt whiskeys at the time it was bottled.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Rosy gold (11/20), quick, large tears and thick legs.
- Nose: Sweet roasted chestnuts, sugared almonds, slightly fruity, botrytis, dunnage warehouse, lemon & lime foam, white grapes, bubblegum, apple puree and orange zest.
- Taste: White and red grapes, cranberry and strawberry, pineapple fritters in syrup, barley sugars, herbal thyme and a touch of black pepper, candied peels, sun-dried leather and a pinch of salt.
- Finish: More stewed fruits, woody, herbal thyme honey and orange zest/peel.
Superb, musty and woody on the nose the Sauternes finish has worked wonders here with a lovely woody and herbal honey with touches of grape, orange and pineapple, delicious.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review