Heaven Hill 9 Years Old American Whiskey Batch 1 (48.4%, TBWC, 1177 Bottles, 2018)
- ABV: 48.4%
- Age: 9 years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: American whiskey
- Cost: £44.95
- Origin: Heaven Hill Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
An American whiskey from the ace Heaven Hill distillery in Kentucky, independently bottled by those fine That Boutique-y Whisky Company folks. As this falls into the somewhat broad “American whiskey” category, the label from Heaven Hill Batch 1 has been amended to include a selection of American things, like jeans, various hats, hot dogs, jackets with letters on them, eagle feet and more.
Batch 1 is a release of 1,177 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Buttery malt, cashew, oak and freshly zested citrus. A good layer of caramel covers it all.
- Palate: Still quite buttery, though baking spices (think nutmeg and ginger) liven it up. Sultana, marmalade and brown bread.
- Finish: Toffee, milk chocolate and a touch of cut gras
What I say
Distilled at Heaven Hill distillery in the US and bottled by TBWC. Heaven Hill produces Bourbon brands such as Evan Williams and Elijah Craig.
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of a sample.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Full gold (10/20), medium-fine tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet, polished oak, sweetcorn, popcorn, vanilla, toasty oak and maple syrup.
- Taste: Sharp and spirity, quite spiced, cinnamon, ginger, softens into buttered corn, more cereal, wheat and or rye, polished oak, apple and blackcurrant cordial.
- Finish: Medium, fruity with polished oak wood.
Too spicy initially on the palate, a little too oily/buttery and really not sweet enough for my liking.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: America, Heaven Hill
Leave a Reply