The English Original Single Malt Whisky (43%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 43%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: English single malt whisky
- Cost: £39.99
- Origin: St. George’s Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
The English – Original. Aged to perfection in specially selected Bourbon Casks. An unpeated single malt whisky. A great easy-drinking classic single malt
Official tasting notes:
- A gentle aroma with hints of vanilla and tropical fruits. Like a soft whipped vanilla ice cream. Melts on the palate. Slightly nutty with a long malty finish. Finish is clean, dry and slightly salty.
What I say
The Original non peated single malt whisky from St. George’s Distillery is matured in select ex-bourbon casks. Launched back in 2016 alongside their peated expression’Smokey’.
This review was sponsored by The English Whisky Company by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Bright gold (8/20), slow, medium tears and medium-fine legs.
- Nose: Honey and cereals barley with some restrained fruit, apple, pear, a touch floral orchard blossom perhaps, vanilla, sugary and creamy fudge or tablet.
- Taste: Creamy and a touch buttery, medium-bodied, vanilla ice-cream with cereal wafer biscuits and chopped nuts, hints of banana, grapefruit and pineapple.
- Finish: Medium, drying, woody oak and vanilla with salted caramel.
A rather accomplished expression, perhaps a touch woody in places but balanced by that lovely fruity spirit character which has started to become tropical as well as sweet on the palate. Masses of vanilla ice-cream make this a real dessert-style whisky. Very enjoyable.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: St Georges
1 reply »