Glen Elgin 22 Years Old Batch #2
- ABV: 48.2%
- Age: 22 Years old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £83.95 available from Master of Malt
- Origin: Glen Elgin distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
22 year old single malt Scotch whisky from the Glen Elgin distillery, independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company! Lord Elgin is once again taking his trusty steed for a wander, some Elgin marble in tow. It’s probably pretty heavy, wouldn’t you think…?
Batch 2 is a release of 434 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Buttery malt, juicy apricot and sweet cereals lead in a soft, faintly floral nose. Gentle notes of latte, honeycomb and dried grass come through, from which white chocolate buttons and a hint of charred oak rise.
- Palate: Fizzing, drying nutmeg spice emerges through a succulent and sweet palate with plenty of golden syrup, crushed honey-roasted nuts and more white chocolate. There’s a banoffee pie element here as well.
- Finish: Refreshing and of a good length, the finish contains notes of toasted barley and acacia honey.
- Overall: A dram of superb balance with some beautiful flavours.
What I say
Starting off a little duo of Glen Elgin with this 22 year old bottled by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: 18ct Gold (7/20), slow/oily, medium-fine tears and long, tapered legs.
- Nose: Sweet, fruity and a little sharp, apricot and lime, floral daffodils, buttery, light cereal barley, oranges, dusty wood shavings or sawdust, dry cereal/hay.
- Taste: Soft buttered fruits, apricot, some fizzy icing sugar, citrus peel grapefruit pith and sherbet, white pepper and dried oak, lemon juice and golden syrup, heathery honey.
- Finish: Long, sweet and sharp, becomes drying, more honey and lemon.
Quite spirit led, with a massive fruity sweetness and some drying oak wood or sawdust, a good range of fruits though not quite as tropical as I might have hoped from the age of this one.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review