Tamdhu 15 Years Old (46%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 15 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £78.95 available from The Whisky Exchange (link opens thewhiskyexchange.com)
- Origin: Tamdhu Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
From your first sip of our new 15-year-old expression, you’ll fully appreciate that time maturing exclusively in the finest sherry oak casks. You’ll taste the intense burst of vibrant summer fruits on the palate and enjoy the rewardingly long finish it delivers. Bottled at 46% volume, natural colour and un-chillfiltered.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: An aromatic array of apple pastry, spiced currants and orange zest, with exotic notes of pineapple and fennel.
Palate:A burst of juicy apricot and vibrant raspberry, with lemon tart and creamy almonds on the palate.
Finish: A rewardingly long journey through warming malt biscuit, cream sherry and vanilla.
What I say
Tamdhu’s 15 year old expression released 2019.
This post was sponsored by Tamdhu by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Deep amber gold (12/20) medium-fine tears and legs.
- Nose: Sweet and sticky, apple pastries, jam, a heady waft of raisins, sherry, leather, cocoa powder, walnut, cherry, pineapple in syrup and orange zest (like a good Cosmopolitan).
- Taste: Rounded, lighter bodied than I expected but full of sherry influences, dusty, raisins, dates, sticky toffee pudding, cocoa and chocolate, black forest gateaux, polished walnut and toffee apples.
- Finish: Long, burnt cereal barley e.g. chocolate malt, crisp molassses, dark chocolate coated zesty candied orange peel
Delicious a very well sherry-matured but definitely light-bodied Speyside-type spirit, the cereal notes are saved for the finish.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review