Labourdonnais 5 Years Old Batch 1 (49.8%, That Boutique-Y Rum Company, 1200 Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 49.8%
- Age: 5 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Rum Company
- Category: Mauritian Rum
- Cost: £51.95
- Origin: Labourdonnais distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
An independent bottling of 5 year old Mauritian rum produced by the Labourdonnais distillery using a traditional column still. It was bottled by That Boutique-y Rum Company and bestowed a handsome label, featuring a rather stately-looking rum cask covered in vanilla flower petals.
Batch 1 is a release of 1,200 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Banana fritters, honey, soft nutmeg heat and a whiff of green apple.
Palate:Peppery at first, though layers of caramel and vanilla temper the spice. Juicy honeydew melon in the background.
Finish: Lingering cardamom and toasted oak on the finish.
What I say
A 5 year old rum produced at the Labourdonnais estate distillery on Mauritius and independently bottled by That Boutique-Y Rum Company.
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Rum Company by provision of a sample of this product
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber brown (12/20), numerous medium, slow, tears and short legs.
- Nose: Sweet and woody, cedar wood, quite herbal, brown sugar, treacle, mixed clove and golden syrup, fresh figs.
- Taste: Full-bodied, sweet, treacle, toffee, fudge, woody, juniper wood, and cedar spices, vanilla, cardamom, clove and cumin seed.
- Finish: Long, spiced and vaporous, sweetness persists.
A lovely balance of sweet and spice presented and a little sugary weight behind this.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review