J.J. Corry The Flintlock
- ABV: 46 %
- Age: 16 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Irish single malt whisky
- Cost: £96.95 available from Master of Malt (opens masterofmalt.com)
- Origin: undeclared
- Vintage: undisclosed
What they say
J.J. Corry ‘The Flintlock’ won Best Irish Single Malt over 13 years old in the Irish Whiskey Awards 2018. A limited edition of 400 bottles is due for release in November. The Flintlock is a blend of three partially disgorged ex bourbon 16 year old single malt casks each specially chosen for their individual flavor profiles. It is our first small scale true Bonder’s Blend. It will be released in November 2018.
The Flintlock is 100% 16 Year Old Single Malt from Ex-Bourbon Casks
33.3% No. 11233 16 Year Old Single Malt
33.3% from Cask No. 11221 16 Year Old Single Malt
33.3% Cask No. 11197 16 Year Old Single Malt
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Sweet and light coconut ice cream with hing of lemon. In time some clover honey
- Taste: Sweet start with mid-palate peachiness
What I say
Sampled blind (sample JJ Corry III) as part of the JJ Corry Irish Whiskey Tasting #JJCorryWhiskey hosted by The Chapel Gate Irish Whiskey Company and Steve @TheWhiskyWire
JJ Corry Flintlock – 46% ABV – 16 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey. Limited to just 600 bottles. Matured in first and second fill ex-bourbon barrels.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: champagne gold (4/20), numerous fine tears and tapered legs.
- Nose: Vanilla, creamy, sweet, crisp green apple, buttermilk
- Taste: Light bodied, green apple and lime citrus, lime curd, honey, vanilla, custard slice pastries
- Finish: Long, icing sugar & honey sweet with sharp lime citrus
A nice single malt with plenty of sharpness to it, surprised this was 16 years old as the sharpness and spice convinced me it was a little younger perhaps?
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review