Speyburn 10 Years Old Batch 3
- ABV: 49.5%
- Age: 10 years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £77.95 available from Master of Malt
- Origin: Speyburn distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Behold, the third batch of Speyburn single malt bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company, a whisky bursting with “supersplendiferousness” – as the label suggests. The label also features a fish wearing a tweet jacket. We feel like that’s a fairly important feature. Anyway, after a decade of maturation, this whisky was bottled by the Boutique-y bunch at 49.5% ABV.
Batch 3 is a release of 1,540 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Melting butter on warm soda bread, soft toffee pennies, Conference pears and a little ginger, with touches of beeswax and citrus in the backdrop.
Palate: White grape acidity, golden barley and salted caramel with dark chocolate, orchard fruits and a little minty herbal quality in support.
Finish: Long and soft.
What I say
Door #11 in That Boutique-Y Whisky Company’s 2019 Advent Calendar is this 10 year old single malt hailing from Speyburn distillery in Speyside.
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of their 2019 Advent Calendar.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Light Sauternes gold (7/20), oily, medium-fine tears and tapered legs.
- Nose: Fruit and barley, a little spirity with some furniture polish on oak wood, buttery and coppery metallic, ginger root and waxy honeycomb, apples and lemons.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, salt and white pepper caramel, or salt & spice, orchard fruits, apple, pear, lemon citrus, softer white grapes, malty barley, honey/syrup and mint chocolate / after eight mints.
- Finish: Medium-long, barley sugars, lemon & lime.
Another refill cask aged expression by the feels of it, good balance again here with some nice spirit quality revealing good distillery character only I couldn’t taste the salmon! 😉
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review