Blended Whisky #2 22 Years Old Batch 3 (41.8%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 1650 Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 41.8%
- Age: 22 years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Blended scotch whisky
- Cost: £63.95 available from Master of Malt
- Origin: undisclosed
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Do you like metaphors as well as whisky? What about whisky with metaphors on the dang label?! Well that’s exactly what we’ve got here from That Boutique-y Whisky Company! Batch 3 of Blended Whisky #2 is 22 years old and features a giant, soft planetoid on the label, giving you a hint towards the flavour profile…
Batch 3 is a release of 1,650 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Milk chocolate and fresh vanilla, joined by toasted barley later on.
- Palate: Slightly earthy at points, though mostly remains sweet with caramel and shortbread.
- Finish: Citrus peel, more chocolate and a touch of mint leaf.
What I say
Door #9 in That Boutique-Y Whisky Company’s 2019 Advent Calendar is this 22 year old Blended Whisky #2 Batch 3.
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of their 2019 Advent Calendar.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark bronze (12/20), medium-large tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Fruit and nut bars, chocolate, raisin, hazelnut, plums, dried fruits, vanilla, Maltesers and chocolate caramel poppets.
- Taste: Caramel and fruit, dark chocolate sauce, treacle or sticky toffee sponge pudding, a little Christmas pudding and musty dunnage warehouse
- Finish: Medium, chocolate-coated caramels again.
A great blended whisky full of caramel, chocolate, fruit and nutty toasted barley flavours.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review