Bourbon Whiskey #1 24 Years Old (48%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 8376 Bottles, 2018)
- ABV: 48%
- Age: 24 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Bourbon Whiskey
- Cost: £199.95 available from Master of Malt
- Origin: undisclosed distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
- Style: Bourbon
- Latest Batch: 1
- Released: December 2018
- Latest Batch Age: 24
- Latest Batch Size: 8376 bottles
- Latest Batch ABV: 48%
- RRP: £199.95
Now, now go about your business please – there’s nothing to see here. Don’t you know you’re in a restricted area? No unauthorised personnel allowed.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: High notes of dried peel and vanilla, flaming Christmas pudding gives way to pear drops and a light dusting of cocoa powder
- Taste: Insistent, buttery mouthfeel carrying a lorry load of vanilla, caramel and beurre noisette
- Finish: Punchy, warm finish with great balance of the flavours
What I say
Door #1 in That Boutique-Y Whisky Company’s 2019 Advent Calendar is this 24 year old Bourbon Whiskey from an undisclosed distillery!
This post was sponsored by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company by provision of their 2019 Advent Calendar.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Luscious dark gold (14/20), rare, large droplet tears leave medium-fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet woody polish, brandy soaked Christmas pudding, caramel and butterscotch toffee, vanilla latte and mocha coffee’s, buttery Werthers original caramels covered in chocolate.
- Taste: Spun sugar and vanilla, some woody spices, vanilla, nutmeg and a touch of clove and orange oils, caramel, dark chocolate orange, maple syrup with black pepper.
- Finish: Medium-long, a burst of powdered baking spices subsides into orange and berry jam, charred oak wood and aniseed.
A great old Bourbon, a little woody and spicy in places but still has plenty of sweetness and masses of quite earthy vanilla essence to keep it together.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review