Speyside No. 3 8 Years Old Batch 1
- ABV: 50.7%
- Age: 8 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £n/a
- Origin: Undisclosed distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
From an undisclosed Speyside distillery.
What I say
Sampled as part of the #TastesBoutiquey Twitter Tasting held on 25th November 2019. Also part of That Boutique-Y Whisky Company Advent Calendar/12 Drams of Christmas – I’m unsure if this one will be available as a bottle…
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Champagne gold (3/20), oily medium-large tears and legs
- Nose: Fruit and barley, custard cream biscuits, vanilla fudge, apple and pear tarte tatin something more acidic and berry like, raspberry and earthy elderberry
- Taste: Medium-bodied. Creamy and cereal, porridge with chantilly cream, gentle stewed orchard fruit, beeswax, lavender then a kick of spiced nutmeg, cinnamon and clove.
- Finish: More cream, cereal and fruit, white grape, melon and kiwi becomes drying.
Much discussion about the origins of this one took place with the overwhelming opinion being that this probably hailed from Glenrothes distillery. As TBWC have previously bottled & named Glenrothes I guessed Strathisla, I’ll guess we may never know which distillery this really comes from but still another great wee expression from them all the same.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review