Auchroisk 12 Years Old Batch 7 (47.9%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, ? Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 47.9%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £n/a
- Origin: Auchroisk distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
The Auchroisk distillery was built in 1974 by the folks from Justerini & Brooks (who you may know from the tasty J&B Rare) to produce whisky for blending. However, the whisky ended up being pretty gorgeous as a single malt, which is a rather lovely outcome of it all! Notoriously difficult to pronounce, Auchroisk. You’ll want to say it like ‘OH-thrusk’ – go on, say it. Say it. Say. It.
Anyway, yes. Our Auchroisk label features a zombie apocalypse on it. Why? Because we wanted it to. Recognise any disgruntled zombies in the hoard?
What I say
Sampled as part of the #TastesBoutiquey Twitter Tasting held on 25th November 2019. Also part of That Boutique-Y Whisky Company Advent Calendar/12 Drams of Christmas – I’m unsure if this one will be available as a bottle…
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Very light champagne gold (2/20)
- Nose: Light, fruit and nut, green, kiwi and melon and lightly toasted almond, malted milk biscuits, light apple crumble with creme anglais
- Taste: Golden syrup reduced a little with water, peach juice, salted almonds and almond milk, barley sugars, becomes zesty, chilli oil heat and pencil shavings.
- Finish: Medium-long. Flaked pastries, hints of toasted almond, sea salt and woody oak.
Another great Speyside expression, good spirit character and balance of light/refill cask influence, this one becomes quite savoury and salty on this finish giving it a nice twist.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review