Fercullen Premium Blend (40%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 40%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB, The Powerscourt Distillery
- Category: Irish blended whisky
- Cost: €44
- Origin: Undeclared distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
A blend of carefully selected casks of aged malt and grain whiskeys, Fercullen Premium Blend Irish Whiskey, is aged in seasoned oak giving it a rounded smoothness and unique depth of flavour that draws from a rich background of grain, malt and toasted oak.
“This exquisite Irish whiskey represents the blending together of carefully selected casks of aged malt and grain whiskeys,” says Master Distiller Noel Sweeney. “Mellowed by time in a soft Irish climate, tones of citrus and vanilla emerge from grain, malt and oak.”
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Sweet vanilla, citrus, honey, spice, almonds, candy orange peel, oak.
- Taste: Smooth, crisp, grain, combinations of malt, caramel, fruit, and sweetness.
- Finish: Long lasting sweet vanilla and toasted oak finish.
What I say
The Fercullen range of whisky is produced by The Powerscourt Distillery. Opened in March 2019 this liquid has been sourced from other Irish distillers and blended to a recipe likely in the intended style that Powerscourt hope to produce themselves one day when their stock is old enough.
This post was sponsored by The Powerscourt Distillery by provision of The Fercullen Trilogy Gift Pack.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Light gold (7/20), medium tears & legs.
- Nose: Lemon and vanilla, lemon puff and custard cream biscuits, cereal, honey, nutty and a hint of furniture polish.
- Taste: Medium-light bodied, pleasing, vanilla fudge, highland cream toffee, butterscotch, citrus and apple fruits, cream and honey, all well-integrated and smooth.
- Finish: Medium-short, creamy, sweet and a touch citric and vaporous.
A great blend, very drinkable and enjoyable a good start or introduction to the range.
Don’t take my word for it:
Westmeath Whiskey World reviews the Fercullen Range
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply