Glenfiddich 19 Years Old Age Of Discovery Red Wine Cask Finish
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 19 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £115 available from Amazon
- Origin: Glenfiddich Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
We created the third expression in our Age of Discovery Collection to commemorate the 1831 voyage of the HMS Beagle. The Beagle travelled around the globe and landed on the east coast of South America, allowing Charles Darwin to collect fossils that would lead to the development of his famous theory of evolution.
Aged 19 years, this edition is finished in oak casks that were once used to produce the complex, velvety wines of South America. The result is an extraordinarily rich single malt with exceptional smoothness, complemented by warm, spicy notes.
Celebrating the spirit of discovery, this expression can be found exclusively in selected Travel Retail outlets.
Official tasting notes:
- COLOUR Rich gold with a hint of ruby.
- NOSE Toasted marshmallow with red berry and vanilla oak tannin. Ripe fruits and a hint of woody spice.
- TASTE Spicy notes on first taste, deep and smooth with a velvety sweetness. Rich oak notes and berry sweetness.
- FINISH Sweet with a long, lingering tannin.
What I say
The final in the Glenfiddich Age of Discovery trio of 19 year old expressions is this Red Wine Cask finished edition.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Rose gold (8/20), medium-fine tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet, strawberry marshmallows, red fruits and berries, sweet plum, red grape, tannic oak wood.
- Taste: Smooth with a gentle sweetness, mixed fruits and quite creamy on the palate too, cereal barley malt, raspberry ripple ice cream.
- Finish: Long, oak wood with plenty of tannins lingering.
This Red Wine finished expression is sweet and creamy then the woody tannins emerge as it progresses, another fantastic expression!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review