Goslings Gold Seal Rum (40%, OB, 2019)
- Category: Bermuda Gold Rum
- Origin: Bermuda
- Bottling: Goslings
- ABV: 40%
- Cost: £22.96
What they say
Goslings Gold Rum – our first new product in over 100 years – is a world apart from traditional amber rums. Robust, yet remarkably soft. The result of years of sipping and perfecting, its intricate, luscious character lives up admirably to its impressive lineage.
Admittedly, it wasn’t easy. But, by using only the finest distillates in strict accordance with techniques handed down over six generations, we finally created a distinctive amber rum that is impressing demanding rum enthusiasts everywhere.
What I say
Sampled during the #GoslingsRum tweet tasting hosted by Steve @TheWhiskyWire on 9th October 2019
Goslings Gold Seal Rum was the first new product to be launched by the brand in over 100 years. A blend of 3-5 year old pot and continuous still rums, made from molasses and aged in ex-bourbon barrels.
My tasting notes
- Appearance: Light gold (3/30), oily, medium tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Spiced green banana, plantain, sugary, vanilla, cinnamon
- Taste: Thick, rich and oily, quite subtle, mashed banana in muscovado sugar, vanilla, oak wood, almond milk, cream, perhaps a dash of lemon juice, dulce de leche.
- Finish: Medium, sweet and drying/vaporous
This gold/amber Rum from Goslings has a very different character from the Black seal, much more buttery and subtle flavours, again a great base for mixing/cocktails but also very drinkable straight.
Don’t take my word for it
Bloggers submit link to your review