Goslings Black Seal Rum
- Category: Bermuda Black Rum
- Origin: Bermuda
- Bottling: Goslings
- ABV: 40%
- Cost: £23.75 from Master of Malt
What they say
Today, unlike most spirits, Black Seal includes products of both pot stills, as used in fine Cognacs, and continuous stills, as used in grappa. One imparts flavour, the other yields a subtle elegance. Together they work wonders.
Gosling’s Black Seal has a rich, intricate flavour, well balanced and nuanced with butterscotch, vanilla and caramel. Or, as expressed up by the Beverage Tasting Institute when they awarded it their highest honor, the Platinum Medal: “Deep, assertive and highly flavoured. Very fragrant with herbal ￼￼￼￼￼￼sharpness. At the finish there is a softness and elegance. A most
What I say
Sampled during the #GoslingsRum tweet tasting hosted by Steve @TheWhiskyWire on 9th October 2019
Made from a Gosling’s family recipe dating back over two centuries. A blend of 3-6 year old pot and continuous still rums, made from molasses and aged in ex-bourbon barrels.
My tasting notes
- Appearance: Dark brown (17/20) large rounded tears leave faint legs.
- Nose: Malt loaf and fruit cake spring to mind immediately, molasses, dates, figs, raisins, rich and fruity, herbal chervil – sweet aniseed.
- Taste: Stewed plums in caramel sauce, cola cubes, creme caramel, toffee, medium-bodied, relatively light and well balanced in flavour
- Finish: Dark and dried fruits and a little oak wood
A great drinker neat and also a great base for mixing/cocktails. Sweet, herbal, liquid cola cubes!
Don’t take my word for it
Bloggers submit link to your review