Goslings Black Seal 151 Proof Rum (75.5%, OB, 2019)
- Category: Bermuda Overproof Rum
- Origin: Bermuda
- Bottling: Goslings
- ABV: 75.5%
- Cost: £38.45
What they say
In typical Gosling fashion, we didn’t just dash out a new product. It took several attempts and repeated blending and tastings (tough work, but someone had to do it). We proudly arrived at a muscular, but refined 140 proof rum that not only won praise from homeward bound visitors, but also from competition judges.
Gosling’s 151 proof Black Seal Rum enjoys the same great popularity through its inimitable flavour, characteristic taste and unique quality. This lip-tingling spirit makes an ideal complement to any exotic, sun-drenched libation.
What I say
Sampled during the #GoslingsRum tweet tasting hosted by Steve @TheWhiskyWire on 9th October 2019
My tasting notes
- Appearance: Dark brown (17/20) large rounded tears leave faint legs.
- Nose: Spirity at full strength (nosed with caution), diluted ~ 50:50 still quite polished and woody and medicinal/rubbing alcohol present
- Taste: Warming, spiced toffee, copper or brass pennies, spirit/industrial alcohol slightly chemical some dried fruits and more caramelised sugars
- Finish: Long, warming, sweet honey and dried fruit
Powerful at full strength, reduced this still has some very spirity nature but the Black seal characters start to come through.
Don’t take my word for it
Bloggers submit link to your review