Cotswolds 3 Years Old Batch #1
- ABV: 50.4%
- Age: 3 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: English single malt whisky
- Cost: £58.95
- Origin: Cotswolds Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
A fine sip from Cotswolds Distillery, they’ve been producing outstanding natural spirits since 2014. This is a balanced whisky carrying a real depth of flavour from time spent in the finest oak casks and was made using locally sourced and hand turned Cotswolds barley. Have you ever been to this lovely part of the world? It’s ever so quaint, as depicted on our label artwork. You’ll always receive a friendly welcome whenever you visit and… hang on, what’s that poking out from underneath the bushes? You’ll do well to remember that every village has its secrets.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Sweet and rich on the nose – there’s caramelised almonds, sweet pineapple, cherries, a hint of vanilla too.
- Taste: The sweetness continues, but citrus-y warmth interjects – there’s lemon, orange and grapefruit.
- Finish: Quite a leafy,, fresh finish with green grapes, freshly cut grass and a dash of lemon.
What I say
My first sampling of England’s Cotswolds distillery comes via the indie bottler That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, with this 3 year old expression.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Bright yellow gold (8/20), numerous fine tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet, vanilla, bright, citrus fruits, apple green and zesty skin, coocnut, milled barley flour, elderflower syrup and polished wood.
- Taste: Zesty and sharp on the palate with lime zest and coconut, a little green coconut flesh and cream, green banana, thick and oily, white pepper, malted barley, sharp and tannic oak wood and sandalwood.
- Finish: Long, dry, spiced ginger and grapefruit
A very fresh expression, spicy, woody and tannic, a lovely zingy fruit sweetness. Young and sharp and a little too woody but shows great promise for what is being produced at the Cotswolds distillery, I’d certainly like to try more.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review