Auchroisk 18 Years Old 1994 Old Malt Cask
- ABV: 50%
- Age: 18 Years Old
- Bottling: Hunter Laing, Old Malt Cask
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £discontinued
- Origin: Auchroisk distillery
- Vintage: 1994
What they say
Distilled at Auchroisk distillery in October 1994 and matured for over 18 years in a refill hogshead #9877, bottled July 2013 producing 311 bottles at 50% ABV.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Malty and grassy, with lemon peel and honeyed vanilla
- Taste: Crisp pineapples in syrup with a lemon zestiness and lots of ginger.
- Finish: Medium long with a sweet and malty aftertaste
What I say
The final expresison in our Auchroisk trio/vertical also comes from a single refill hogshead cask bottled by Hunter Laing as part of their Old Malt Cask range. Aged for over 18 years, this one is presented at a slightly stronger 50% ABV, likely still reduced from Cask Strength as is the norm for many in this range.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (10/20), rare, slow, medium tears and thin legs.
- Nose: Fresher and more floral, cereal malted barley and ripened fruits, lemon barley sugars, apple, pear, sticky and syrupy apple sponge pudding and some fresh herbs, star anise, tarragon, applemint, orange blossom and pineapple cube sweeties.
- Taste: Sweeter than the nose with rosey apples and pineapple cube sweeties, apple jelly with herbs, woody oak, rosemary, liqourice root, chicory, cocoa nibs and a hint of coal gas.
- Finish: Long, black pepper, oak char and molasses
Floral, syrupy and light flavours hints of zesty fruits, a good drinker and great classic Speyside single malt example.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review