The ONE Port Edition Prototype Cask Strength (60.2%, OB, 2018)
- Category: Blended British Whisky
- Origin: ? & The Lakes Distillery
- Bottling: The Lakes Distillery, OB, Prototype
- ABV: 60.2%
- Cost: n/a
What they say
The One Port Cask Expression Prototype: 60.2% ABV – Blended British Whisky – Coming Spring 2019.
This is a prototype preview sample at cask strength of a port expression we’ll be releasing next year.
Official tasting notes:
- The Port casks are made-up of American oak and that gives it the distinctive vanilla and ripe fruit character to the whisky, Plums; Wood spice; Cocoa beans
What I say
Sampled during the #LakesDistillery Twitter tasting with @LakesDistillery, @WhiskyMaker Dhavall Gandi and @TheWhiskyWire
To be released in 2019 this is The Lakes British Blended The ONE whisky finished in Port-seasoned American Oak casks. Presented here as a prototype at Cask strength of 60.2%, the plan is to rlease this spring 2019 at 46.6% though they are toying with the idea of releasing a Cask Strength version of this one.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Crimson! (15/20), medium, rounded tears and fine legs.
- Nose: Jammy, fruity and woody, cranberry, damson and raspberry dried and jam – quite sticky on the nose, powdered spice cinnamon and clove precede dusty dunnage warehouse or Porto cellar wood.
- Taste: Rich plum sauce, strawberry and damson jam, sweet malt extract, Jamaican ginger cake, dark chocolate-coated ginger, creamy and buttery treacle toffee and vanilla fudge, charred oak wood.
- Finish: Medium, milk chocolate covered raisins.
Definitely benefiting from delivery strength, this Port finish expression is dangerously drinkable at 60.2% ABV, With such and intensity of flavour you could almost be mistaken that this has spent some time around PX-sherry apart from the telltale jammy fruits, very much plum, damson and cranberry and of course that awesome Crimson colour!
Don’t take my word for it
Bloggers submit link to your review