Calvados Coquerel 4 Years Old Finished in Bourbon Barrels (41%, OB, 2000 bottles, 2018)
- Category: Calvados
- Origin: Domaine Du Coquerel
- Bottling: Official, Calvados Coquerel, Limited Edition
- ABV: 41%
- Cost: ~€30
What they say
CALVADOS COQUEREL 4YRS FINISHED IN BOURBON BARREL
This blend was aged for 4 to 8 years in fine french oak barrels and the finished for 14 months in fresh bourbon barrels. 2 to 3 years old Calvados aged small french oak barrels. This finish to the gourmet and fruity finale is an invitation to travel across the American Farwest.
Bottled in Lot of 2,000 bottles.
Official tasting notes
- ASPECT: Amber, Gold glint
- NOSE: Vanilla, Baked fruit
- MOUTH: buttered , fondue, Tarte tatin, Honey
- FINALE: Complexe, Tarte Tatin, Chocolat
What I say
Produced at the Domaine du Coquerel, this traditional Calvaods has been aged for around 4-8 years in French oak (similar to their VSOPexpression) but then finished for over a year in American white oak ex-Bourbon barrels.
My tasting notes
- Appearance: Full gold (10/20), quick, medium-sized tears leave medium legs.
- Nose: Toffee apple, apple pie, vanilla, oak wood, lightly perfumed and floral, vanilla custard.
- Taste: Sweet apple pie and custard combination, vanilla custard, creme anglais, the woody tannins arrive later.
- Finish: Medium, slightly ascerbic with sharp green apples and tannic oak balanced against milky and creamy vanilla.
The perfect combination of apple pie and custard, simply delicious!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review