Glenrothes 25 Years Old Batch 3 (49.7%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 139 Bottles, 2017)
- Category: Speyside single malt Scotch whisky
- Origin: Glenrothes distillery
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- ABV: 49.7%
- Cost: £Discontinued
What they say
A 25 year old single malt from the Glenrothes distillery, independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company! This’ll be perfect for raising a toast to ghost with – it’s a tradition to toast to the ghost of Biawa ‘Byeway’ Makalaga, who was said to have been seen around the distillery after new stills were installed in the 1970s.
Batch 3 is a release of 139 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Nutty toffee and caramel-drizzled stone fruit. Hints of gingerbread develop later on.
- Palate: Mint chocolate ice cream, orange oil and vanilla-y malt.
- Finish: Slightly woody, with lingering notes of almond and milk chocolate.
What I say
Distilled at Glenrothes and matured for 25 years before being bottled by Boutique-Y whisky at cask strength of 49.7%, producing only 139 bottles (at 50cl), this one didn’t last long in the shops.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Champagne gold (6/20), medium-large tears leave long medium legs.
- Nose: Fruity, lime, kiwi, melon, light green fruits, vanilla cream, sweet and tropical mango, pineapple, ginger, golden syrup, caramel, lemongrass, citrus and spice.
- Taste: Murray mints; mint butter candies, vanilla custard, biscuity malt, orange citrus, mango, pineapple, lemongrass, ginger, becomes mentholic, spearmint, light almond.
- Finish: Medium, spic and rich custard, sweet and thick, lime curd, ginger and lemongrass.
A wonderful expression full of tropical fruits and exotic spices.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt