Dewars 12 Years Old The Ancestor
- Category: Blended scotch whisky
- Origin: Various
- Bottling: John Dewar & Sons, Bacardi Ltd.
- ABV: 40%
- Cost: £31.87
What they say
Double Aged for Extra Smoothness
Honey, homemade candy apples, and fudge.
Warm, buttery, and mellow.
Juicy raisins and fresh citrus, with subtle vanilla.
Clean, full, and lively.
Melted caramel with a trace of oak.
Rounded, smooth, and long.
What I say
Sampled during the #ItsDramTime #HomeofDewars Tweet tasting held on 9th May 2018.
Paired with Guatemala 70% Plain Chocolate
- Appearance: Full amber gold (10/20), slow medium-fine tears leave fine legs
- Nose: Toffee apple, a touch of sherry leather and fruit, polished highland toffee, cereals, malt, fresh apple, pear and lemon, vanilla custard or fudge
- Taste: Spiced raisin and toffee, creamy, vanilla, lemon, lime and grapefruit, sweet cereals, honey and oat flapjacks, lemon barley sugars
- Finish: Medium, sweet, honey, gentle spices, cinnamon and nutmeg, orange peel
Well constructed blend with plenty going on, with the chocolate pairing the spicy notes were accentuated and added to the finish.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review