Craigellachie 12 Year Old 2004 A Rare Find
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Origin: Craigellachie Distillery
- Bottling: Gleann Mór
- ABV: 57.2%
- Cost: £65.46
What they say
Distilled 26th February 2004, this Craigellachie single malt was bottled over 12 years later on 10th August 2016 with 233 bottles produced from a single cask.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Sweet spices and black pepper. Meaty with hints of barley malt and cocoa butter. A little cooked fruit and toffee.
- Palate: Sweet, spiced palate with vanilla to the fore. Hints of dark chocolate, passion fruit, oats and cinnamon.
- Finish: Cinnamon and black pepper on a medium-long finish.
What I say
Dram#3 from The Dram Team Incredible Indies tasting set was this 12 year old Craigellachie.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Eiswein rich copper gold (7/20), large droplet tears and thick legs.
- Nose: Egg custard, sulphur, brass pennies, toffee and heather honey, grassy, spicy allspice and black pepper.
- Palate: Fruity raisin, fig & plum, spicy Szechuan pepper, apple strudel, toffee, leather, clove, allspice, cinnamon.
- Finish: Long, spiced fruit punch.
A real feisty dram full of Christmas spiced fruit punch on the palate but more classic spirit character on the nose.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit a link to your review