Royal Oak Distillery
2013 The idyllic setting of Royal Oak, County Carlow in the barley basket of Ireland was purchased as the new home for Walsh Whiskey where a dedicated whiskey distillery, warehouses and a visitor centre would be built.
2014 construction commences. On a fabulously sunny September day, the global Walsh Whiskey family from far and wide, gathered with the local community of Royal Oak to commence construction on the first new whiskey distillery in Carlow and the South-East of Ireland in 200 and 100 years respectively. Everyone who attended played a part in turning the sod on and breaking ground at the commencement of a new era for the company.
2016 commissioning. As Ireland commemorated the centenary of the events of the 1916 Easter Rising that were to foster the country’s independence in 1922, Bernard and Rosemary Walsh oversaw the commissioning of Walsh Whiskey Distillery and the distillation of its first new make malt spirit. Easter Sunday 2016 is remembered as a proud day for the country and especially for everyone involved with Walsh Whiskey Distillery.
Walsh Whiskey Reviews:
- The Irishman 12 Years Old Single Malt ~ 43% (Walsh Whiskey) - Whiskey Review: The Irishman 12 Years Old Single Malt Category: Irish single malt whiskey Origin: Cooley Distillery Bottling: Walsh Whiskey ABV: 43% Cost: £52.84 from MoM or £52.95 from TWE What they say: At The Irishman we pride ourselves in continually raising the bar on the quality of Irish Whiskeys released, as well as offering something […]
- Walsh Whiskey New Make Pot Still Spirit ~ 75.5% (Walsh Whiskey) - Whisky Review: Walsh Whiskey New Make Pot Still Spirit Category: Irish New Make Pot Still Spirit Origin: Royal Oak Distillery Bottling: Walsh Whiskey for #WalshWhiskey tweet tasting ABV: 75.5% Cost: £priceless What they say: Our family is dedicated to continuing to play a central role in the revival of Irish whiskey as one of the […]
- Writers Tears Copper Pot ~ 40% (Walsh Whiskey) - Whisky Review: Writers Tears Copper Pot Category: Irish blended single malt and single pot still whiskey Origin: Cooley Distillery Bottling: Walsh Whiskey ABV: 40% Cost: £28.99 from Flaviar What they say: Writerṣ Tears” is a unique old Irish Pot still Whiskey. It is a vatting of Single Malt and Single Pot Still whiskeys. Distilled from […]
- Writers Tears Red Head ~ 46% (Walsh Whiskey) - Whiskey Review: Writers Tears Red Head Category: Irish blended single malt and single pot still whiskey Origin: Cooley Distillery Bottling: Walsh Whiskey ABV: 46% Cost: €48.99 from Celtic Whiskey Shop What they say: This exquisite, triple-distilled single malt is matured only in select handpicked Spanish sherry butts which have previously been seasoned with the finest […]
- Writers Tears ~ 40% (Walsh Whiskey Distillery Co.) - Review: Writers Tears Category: Irish Pot Still Blended Whisky Origin: Ireland Bottling: Walsh Whiskey Distillery Co. ABV: 40% Cost: £32.95 from Master of Malt Score: 83/100 What they say: Writers Tears is a light, sweet Irish whiskey made using a mix of single pot still and single malt whiskies, resulting in oodles of honey’d, fruity […]