Miltonduff distillery was established in 1824 by Robert Bain and Andrew Peary.
Miltonduff Whisky Reviews:
- Miltonduff 11 Years Old 2004 72.49 Totally Scrummy! ~ 60.7% (SMWS) - Whisky Review: SMWS 72.49 Totally Scrummy! Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky Origin: Miltonduff Distillery Bottling: Scotch Malt Whisky Society; SMWS Distillery 72 ABV: 60.7% Cost: £49.60 buy from SMWS What they say: Cask 72.49 The nose was bittersweet, dark and perfumed – toffee apples, treacle, muscovado, sticky dates and maple syrup; dark chocolate orange and […]
- Miltonduff 14 Years Old 1998 – Celebration of the Cask ~ 57.6% (Càrn Mòr) - Miltonduff 14 Years Old 1998 – Celebration of the Cask (Carn Mor) 57.6% ABV, £70 for 70cl Score: 88/100 What MoM say: This was distilled at the Miltonduff distillery in early 1998 before a 14 year maturation in a wine-finished cask (number 3611). It was bottled at natural cask strength for Carn Mor in 2012. Tasting […]
- Miltonduff 18 Years Old – Cask Sample ~ 52.5% (Douglas Laing) - Miltonduff 18 Years Old – Cask Sample Single malt scotch whisky 52.5% ABV Score: 88/100 What they say: Selected from the vast sample array during our visit to the Douglas Laing & Co Ltd. HQ, I think Tom or Neil may have suggested something from Miltonduff so Jan picked out this one. It was interesting to […]
- Miltonduff 31 Years Old 1981 72.36 Holy moly! ~ 44.6% (SMWS) - Miltonduff 31 Years Old 1981 – 72.36 Holy moly! Speyside single malt scotch whisky 44.6% ABV, £169 buy from SMWS Score: 91/100 What they say: Cask No. 72.36 Holy moly! – passion-fruit and kiwi on polished oak – then orange syrup, raspberry tarts, crystallised ginger and toffee, but this was a complex dram and the nose […]
- Miltonduff 32 Years Old 1981 Cask 5066 ~ 53.1% (Adelphi) - Miltonduff 32 Years Old 1981 Cask 5066 53.1% ABV, £148.71 for 70cl available from Master of Malt Score: 84/100 What they say: A single cask #5066 from Miltonduff distillery bottled by Adelphi. Distilled in 1981 and bottled 2013 for 32 year maturation, producing 247 bottle at outturn What I say: I couldn’t resist this Miltonduff […]
- Miltonduff-Glenlivet 24 Years Old 1990 – Small Batch ~ 55.3% (Cadenhead’s) - Miltonduff-Glenlivet 24 Years Old 1990 – Small Batch ~ 55.3% (Wm Cadenhead) 55.3% ABV, £89 for 70cl Score: 87/100 What they say: Nose Lemon grass hint of cumin, cloves and allspice, very creamy with some sweet pomegranate notes add to this interesting nose. Palate Lot’s of rich clotted cream with Strawberry jam and some rich […]