Region: Speyside, Scotland.
Water source: Bardon burn
Stills: 3x Wash 3x Spirit
Capacity: 12.1 million litres per annum
Founded in 1876 by John Duff, the former manager at both GlenDronach distillery. He started his own company John Duff & Co. with a few business partners in the same year. Duff left in 1888 and was later to start the Longmorn distillery in 1894. In 1919 Glenlossie was taken over by DCL (Distillers Company Ltd.). After a fairly large fire in 1929 (this was always a risk with distilleries) Glenlossie was transferred to SMD (Scottish Malt Distillers) in 1930. In 1962 the number of stills was expanded from four to six and in 1971 the Mannochmore distillery was constructed right behind Glenlossie and for some time shared the same staff switching between operating each distillery for 6 months of the year.
Glenlossie whisky reviews:
- Glenlossie 10 Years Old Flora & Fauna ~ 43% (Diageo) - Glenlossie 10 Years Old Flora & Fauna 43% ABV, £40 for 70cl Score: 82/100 What they say: Whisky from Glenlossie is highly sought after by blenders and is consequently not widely available […]
- Glenlossie 12 Years Old 2002 46.27 Italian chestnut cake ~ 60.5% (SMWS) - Glenlossie 12 Years Old 2002 – 46.27 Italian chestnut cake Speyside single malt scotch whisky 60.5% ABV, £46.10 buy from SMWS Score: 83/100 What they say: Cask No. 46.27 This dram had plenty […]
- Glenlossie 18 Years Old 1995 – Connoisseurs Choice ~ 46% (Gordon & MacPhail) - Glenlossie 18 Years Old 1995 – Connoisseurs Choice 46% ABV, £39.95 for 70cl available from Royal Mile Whiskies here Score: 90/100 What they say: Glenlossie Distillery is sited, not far from Elgin, […]
- Glenlossie 20 Years Old 1992 [Cask 3464] ~ 46% (Berry Bros. & Rudd) - Glenlossie 20 Years Old 1992 [Cask 3464] (Berry Bros. & Rudd) 46% ABV, £68-£72 for 70cl available from [Berry Bros. & Rudd] Score: 88/100 What they say: 1992 Berrys’ Own Selection […]
- Glenlossie 21 Years Old 1992 46.26 Killer Bee Surf Wax ~ 54.4% (SMWS) - Glenlossie 21 Years Old 1992 – 46.26 Killer Bee Surf Wax Speyside single malt scotch whisky 54.4% ABV, £76.60 buy from SMWS Score: 84/100 What they say: Cask No. 46.26 We all […]
- Glenlossie-Glenlivet 20 Years Old 1993 Authentic Collection ~ 53.3% (Cadenhead’s) - Glenlossie-Glenlivet 20 Years Old 1993 Authentic Collection 53.3% ABV, £55 for 70cl Score: 79/100 What they say: Nose: Toffee caramel, syrup, almonds and a touch of honeycomb, some sweet spice edges liven […]
- Glenlossie-Glenlivet 48 Years Old 1966 – Single Cask ~ 43.5% (Cadenhead’s) - Glenlossie-Glenlivet 48 Years Old 1966 – Single Cask Single malt scotch whisky 43.5% ABV, £350 for 70cl Score: 83/100 What they say: Distilled at the Glenlossie distillery in 1966 and matured in […]