Region: Speyside, Scotland.
Water source: The Bailliemullich Burn
Stills: 3x Wash 3x Spirit
Capacity: 3.37 million litres per annum
Dailuaine (Scottish Gaelic: Dail Uaine, [t̪alˈuəɲə]) is a single malt whisky distillery in Charlestown-of-Aberlour, Strathspey, Scotland.
The Distillery was founded in 1852 by William Mackenzie. When he died in 1865 his widow leased the distillery to James Fleming, a banker from Aberlour. Together with William Mackenzie’s son he founded Mackenzie and Company.
1884 Dailuaine is renovated and enlarged.
1891 Dailuaine-Glenlivet Distillery Ltd. was founded. In 1898, Dailuaine-Glenlivet and Talisker Distillery Ltd. are fused to Dailuaine-Talisker Distilleries Ltd.
1915 Thomas Mackenzie died and the company was sold to John Dewar & Sons, John Walker & Sons and James Buchanan & Co. one year later.
1917 a fire destroyed the pagoda-roof. The distillery had to close, reopened three years later and was bought by Distillers Company Limited (DCL) in 1925. 1960 the Distillery is completely renovated and is enlarged from four to six stills. Since 1983 the malt is no longer produced inhouse.
1987 Dailuaine was taken over by United Distillers (UD).
Dailuaine whisky reviews:
- Dailuaine 15 Years Old 1998 – Old Particular ~ 48.4% (Douglas Laing) - Dailuaine 15 Years Old 1998 – Old Particular (Douglas Laing) 48.4% ABV, ~£65 available from December 2013 Score: 72/100 What they say: Distilled in 1998 and bottled in 2013, the Dailuaine 15 Years Old from the Old Particular range is due to be launched December 2013. What I say: Blind dram #2 at the #scallywag […]
- Dailuaine 16 Years Old 1997 ~ 46% (Cadenhead’s) - Dailuaine 16 Years Old 1997 Speyside single malt scotch whisky 46% ABV, £57 for 70cl Score: 88/100 What they say: Distilled at Dailuiane distillery in Speyside in 1997 and bottled at 16 Years Old by Wm Cadenhead at 46% ABV Official tasting notes: Colour: Golden hues Aroma: Sweet and spicy Taste: Explosion of citrus, cinnamon, allspice, cloves […]
- Dailuaine 16 Years Old Flora and Fauna ~ 43% (Diageo) - Dailuaine 16 Years Old (Flora and Fauna) 43% ABV, RRP £43.99 for 70cl Score 88/100 What they say: This 16 year old is the official release from the Dailuaine distillery in speyside and has been sherry cask matured. What I say: I bought this at the Glenkinchie distillery following recommendation by one of the tour […]
- Dailuaine 25 Years Old 1988 41.60 Fun to chase ~ 49.6% (SMWS) - Dailuaine 25 Years Old 1988 – 41.60 Fun to chase Speyside single malt scotch whisky 49.6% ABV, £98 for 70cl from Scotch Malt Whisky Society Score: 84/100 What they say: Cask No. 41.60 With its combination of exotic fruits (dragon-fruit, strawberry, orange sherbet) intense sweetness (candy floss, Skittles) and pleasant toasted oak, the nose was […]
- Dailuaine 7 Years Old 2005 – Single Minded ~ 41.5% (Douglas Laing) - Dailuaine 7 Years Old 2005 – Single Minded Single malt scotch whisky 41.5% ABV, £34.35 for 70 cl Score: 83/100 What they say: The Single Minded range from Douglas Laing & Co Ltd. is a series of small batch single malt whiskies, all of which are bottled at 41.5% ABV without chill-filtration or colouring. This […]
- Dailuaine 8 Years Old 2007 Hepburn’s Choice ~ 46% (Langside) - Whisky Review: Dailuaine 8 Years Old 2007 Hepburn’s Choice Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky Origin: Dailuaine Distillery Bottling: Langside; Hepburn’s Choice ABV: 46% Cost: £42.83 from Master of Malt What they say: A Sherry-butt-matured single malt Scotch whisky from the Dailuaine distillery, aged for 8 years before Langside bottled it for their Hepburn’s Choice […]