Region: Highlands, Scotland.
Owner: Picard Vins & Spiritueux
Water source: Dany Burn
Ouput: 2.7 million litres alcohol per annum
Tullibardine distillery was established in 1949, producing a single malt whisky. The whisky distillery is located in Blackford, Perth and Kinross, close to the Ochil Hills and the Danny Burn, their main water sources.
The distillery was mothballed in 1995 by then owner Whyte & Mackay. In 2003, it was sold to Tullibardine Distillery Ltd, who resumed production. In 2011, the distillery was sold to the French firm Picard Vins & Spiritueux.
Tullibardine Distillery runs a visitor’s centre.
Visitor Centre & Shop
Tullibardine Whisky Reviews:
- Hopetoun Single Malt Scotch Whisky ~ 40% (Hopetoun) - ‘Hopetoun’ Single Malt Scotch Whisky 40% ABV, £19.99 for 20cl available from Hopetoun Farm Shop (here) while stocks last Score: 80/100 What they say: A whisky with a deep oaky flavour with a smooth aftertaste of caramel and spice. What I say: Bottled for Hopetoun House and sold at their farm shop, produced at Tullibardine […]
- Tullibardine 10 Years Old 2005 28.28 Lay your head on my pillow ~ 60% (SMWS) - Review: Tullibardine 10 Years Old 2005 – 28.28 Lay your head on my pillow Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky Origin: Tullibardine Distillery Bottling: Scotch Malt Whisky Society Cask 28.28 ABV: 60.0% Cost £45.50 from SMWS Score: 83/100 What they say: 28.28 Lay your head on my pillow Cask No. 28.28 A crisp, clean, fresh […]
- Tullibardine 21 Years Old 1990 – Fidra ~ 46% (Lockett Bros) - ‘Fidra’ Tullibardine 21 Years Old 1990 (Lockett Bros) 46% ABV, £49.99 Score: 83/100 What they say: Lockett Bros ‘Fidra’ 21yo Tullibardine highland single malt scotch whisky. Outturn of 156 bottles. Distilled 25/09/1990, bottled 12/04/2012 from bourbon hogshead cask #6108 What I say: Purchased from Lockett Bros wine and specialist whisky shop in North Berwick, partly because […]
- Tullibardine 21 Years Old 1993 Small Batch ~ 46.9% (Cadenhead’s) - Tullibardine 21 Years Old 1993 Cadenhead Small Batch Highland single malt scotch whisky 46.9% ABV, £66.95 for 70cl available from Cadenheads Whisky Shop Score: 85/100 What they say: It’s been some time since we had a dram from Tullibardine so we have added one for the Autumn 2014 season, Another one of those under the radar […]
- Tullibardine 22 Years Old 1993 Small Batch ~ 47.3% (Cadenhead’s) - Whisky Review: Tullibardine 22 Years Old 1993 Small Batch Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky Origin: Tullibardine Distillery Bottling: Cadenhead’s Small Batch ABV: 47.3% Cost: £81.04 from Master of Malt [sold out] What they say: A small batch bottling of 22 year old Tullibardine single malt Scotch whisky, drawn from two bourbon hogsheads which matured the […]
- Tullibardine 228 Burgundy Cask Finish ~ 43% (Picard Vins & Spiritueux) - Review: Tullibardine 228 Burgundy Cask Finish Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky Origin: Tullibardine Distillery Bottling: Picard Vins & Spiritueux ABV: 43% Cost: £40.63 from Master of Malt Score: 83/100 What they say: This is a delicious whisky from Tullibardine, released in 2013. It sees the Highland whisky finished for 12 months in 228-litre Red […]
- Tullibardine Sauternes Finish ~ 40% (Picard Vins & Spiritueux) - Tullibardine Sauternes Finish (Official Bottling) 46% ABV, £45 for 70cl Score 78/100 What they say: Sauternes is only made when the conditions in Bordeaux are perfect*; the wine is deliciously sweet and incredibly sort [sic: sought; If you are sorting a thing, you’ve presumably already found it!] after. We have managed to source barriques that […]
- Tullibardine Sherry Finish ~ 40% (Picard Vins & Spiritueux) - Tullibardine Sherry Finish (Official Bottling) 40% ABV, RRP £35 for 70cl Score 73/100 What they say: The Tullibardine spirit was re-casked into an Oloroso sherry cask for around 18 months. Tasting Note: On the nose hints of toffee and apples with an edge of cereal notes, on the palate vanilla and toffee abound with dates […]