Region: Speyside, Scotland.
Water source: Bardon burn
Stills: 3x Wash 3x Spirit
Capacity: 12.1 million litres per annum
Founded in 1876 by John Duff, the former manager at both GlenDronach distillery. He started his own company John Duff & Co. with a few business partners in the same year. Duff left in 1888 and was later to start the Longmorn distillery in 1894. In 1919 Glenlossie was taken over by DCL (Distillers Company Ltd.). After a fairly large fire in 1929 (this was always a risk with distilleries) Glenlossie was transferred to SMD (Scottish Malt Distillers) in 1930. In 1962 the number of stills was expanded from four to six and in 1971 the Mannochmore distillery was constructed right behind Glenlossie and for some time shared the same staff switching between operating each distillery for 6 months of the year.