Owners of Kingsbarns Distillery: http://www.kingsbarnsdistillery.com/
The Wemyss family have had a longstanding passion for malt whisky and their connections with the industry date back to the turn of the 19th century when John Haig (founder of Haig’s) built his first distillery on Wemyss land.
Even today barley from the Wemyss Estate is prized by many of the leading distillers, and Cameron Bridge distillery is located just a few miles from the castle itself.
With this passion came the gradual realisation that, even for the knowledgeable consumer, much of the malt whisky terminology can be confusing. Our range of hand crafted malts was conceived with the aim of making them more accessible and understandable.
We use the taste and aromas of the individual whiskies to identify each bottling, rather than the distillery, so the consumer can more easily understand the style being purchased.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Glen Scotia 21 Years Old 1991/2012 Strawberry Ganache (46%, Wemyss Malts, Sherry Butt, 833 bottles)
- Glenrothes 1996 Toasted Anise (46%, Wemyss Malts, HH, 401 Bottles, 2015)
- Kiln Embers (46%, Wemyss Malts, 2017)
- Lord Elcho (40%, Wemyss Malts, 2016)
- Scotch Boom – Kingsbarns Distillery
- Spice King 8 Years Old (40%, Wemyss Malts, 2015)
- The Hive 12 Years Old (40%, Wemyss Malts, 2013)
- Treacle Chest (46%, Wemyss Malts, Batch 2017/01, 2017)
- Vanilla Burst (46%, Wemyss Malts, Batch 2017/01, 2017)