Owners of Kingsbarns Distillery: http://www.kingsbarnsdistillery.com/
The Wemyss family have had a longstanding passion for malt whisky and their connections with the industry date back to the turn of the 19th century when John Haig (founder of Haig’s) built his first distillery on Wemyss land.
Even today barley from the Wemyss Estate is prized by many of the leading distillers, and Cameron Bridge distillery is located just a few miles from the castle itself.
With this passion came the gradual realisation that, even for the knowledgeable consumer, much of the malt whisky terminology can be confusing. Our range of hand crafted malts was conceived with the aim of making them more accessible and understandable.
We use the taste and aromas of the individual whiskies to identify each bottling, rather than the distillery, so the consumer can more easily understand the style being purchased.
Wemyss Malts whisky reviews
- Glen Scotia 21 Years Old 1991/2012 Strawberry Ganache (46%, Wemyss Malts, Sherry Butt, 833 bottles) - ‘Strawberry Ganache’ Glen Scotia 21 Years Old 1991 (Wemyss Malts) Campbeltown single malt scotch whisky 46% ABV, £100 for 70cl Score 85/100 What they (MoM) say: From http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/glen-scotia/strawberry-ganache-1991-wemyss-malts-glen-scotia-whisky/ With the alluring name “Strawberry […]
- Glenrothes 1996 Toasted Anise (46%, Wemyss Malts, HH, 401 Bottles, 2015) - An effervescent dram with real multifactorial qualities, my overall opinion of this reminded me of spice-like popping candy with creamy vanilla in chocolate orange segments. A real smorgasbord of flavours but quite complimentary and integrated. 88/100
- Kiln Embers ~ 46% (Wemyss Malts) - Whisky Review: Kiln Embers Category: Blended malt scotch whisky Origin: Various Bottling: Wemyss Malts ABV: 46% Cost: £41.95 from Kingsbarns Distillery Shop What they say: Wemyss Malts launch limited edition “Kiln Embers” […]
- Lord Elcho ~ 40% (Wemyss Malts) - Review: Lord Elcho Category: Blended scotch whisky Blender: Wemyss Malts ABV: 40% Cost: £25.84 from Master of Malt What they say: Originally launched in 2012 as a 15 years old blended Scotch, […]
- Scotch Boom – Kingsbarns Distillery - Part 2 of our Scotch Boom series looking at the trend for new Scotch Whisky Distilleries takes a look at Kingsbarns Distillery. Thanks to their Brand Manager Steven Shand.
- Spice King 8 Years Old ~ 40% (Wemyss Malts) - Review: Spice King 8 Years Old Category: Blended malt scotch whisky Origin: Wemyss Malts Bottling: Official ABV: 40% Cost: £29.72 from Master of Malt What they say: For Spice King, the signature […]
- The Hive 12 Years Old Blended Malt ~ 40% (Wemyss Malts) - Whisky Review: The Hive 12 Years Old Category: Scotch blended malt whisky Origin: ? Bottler: Wemyss Malts ABV: 40% ABV Cost: £42.34 buy from Master of Malt What they say: Wemyss’ blended malt […]
- Treacle Chest (46%, Wemyss Malts, Batch 2017/01, 2017) - Whisky Review: Wemyss Family Collection – Treacle Chest Category: Blended malt whisky Origin: Highland Bottling: Wemyss Malts, Wemyss Family Collection, Batch 2017/01 ABV: 46% Cost: £46.95 buy from Master of Malt What […]
- Vanilla Burst (46%, Wemyss Malts, Batch 2017/01, 2017) - Whisky Review: Wemyss Family Collection – Vanilla Burst Category: Blended malt whisky Origin: Speyside Bottling: Wemyss Malts, Wemyss Family Collection, Batch 2017/01 ABV: 46% Cost: £43.79 buy from Master of Malt What […]