We are a whisky bottler with a long tradition of practising the art of maturation to produce inspired Scotch whisky. We offer the complete range of scotch from vintage single malts and select grains to vatted malts and crafted blends.
Coleburn Distillery, in the heart of Scotland’s Speyside region, is the home of Murray McDavid. This is where we practise the art of maturation by aging all of our whisky in the finest oak casks from around the world. This allows us to offer drinkers drams from all the regions of Scotland that are unique and full of character.
At Murray McDavid we celebrate Scotch whisky with our friends and fellow whisky lovers, by hosting whisky tastings, parties and dances at Coleburn Distillery. We also host whisky tastings and trips on the ‘Murray McDavid’, our 60ft traditional wooden boat, moored on the River Clyde in the centre of Glasgow.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Bunnahabhain 36 Years Old 1978 Mission Gold Limited Release (50.4%, Murray McDavid, Bourbon Barrel + Willi Opiz Dessert Wine Cask #1, 269 Bottles, 2015)
- Event: The Dram Team Incredible Indies Twitter Tasting
- Glen Scotia 24 Years Old 1991 Benchmark (46%, Murray McDavid, 2015)
- Loch Lomond 18 Years Old 1996 (46%, Murray McDavid, Bourbon Barrels, #42929, 42970, 42980, 850 Bottles, 2015)
- Mortlach 21 Year Old 1994 cask 2 Mission Gold ~ 50.4% (Murray McDavid)
- Mystery Malt 16 Years Old 1992 Darach Ruadh (46%, Murray McDavid, 2015)
- Ordha Meas 2003 (46%, Murray McDavid, 2016)
- Siar Port 18 Years Old 1997 (46%, Murray McDavid, 2016)
- St Magdalene 24 Years Old 1982 Mission (58.3%, Murray McDavid, Port Finish, 446 Bottles, 2006)