Duncan Taylor & Company has ownership of one of the largest privately-held collections of rare scotch whisky casks. The company has been “laying down” casks from premium Scottish distilleries for decades and has, in recent years, made its branded products available to whisky connoisseurs throughout the World.
Duncan Taylor has its origins in Glasgow where the company was initially a merchant and broker of Scotch Whisky casks within the Industry. Devotion to the principle of providing only the finest casks to be filled at Scotland’s leading distilleries has been a key feature of the company’s history and this tradition of building an outstanding portfolio of only the finest scotch whiskies is being maintained to this day by the current owners.
When the company moved its headquarters to the North East of Scotland, close to Speyside – Scotland’s largest whisky producing region – it also took the decision to focus on the production and marketing of its own brands and to cease the “brokering” of whisky in cask form to Distillery companies and Independent bottlers.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Bunnahabhain 2008 Post-Octave (52.8%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)
- Bunnahabhain 2008 Pre-Octave (53.2%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)
- Caol Ila 2008 Post-Octave (52.8%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)
- Caol Ila 2008 Pre-Octave (53.1%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)
- Glen Spey 21 Years Old 1991 Dimensions (54.3%, Duncan Taylor, Cask #800826, 260 Bottles, 2013)
- Highland Park 2003 Post-Octave (50.7%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)
- Highland Park 2003 Pre-Octave (50.9%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)
- Imperial 10 Years Old 1998 Whisky Magazine – Editor’s Choice (53.6%, Duncan Taylor, American Oak HH, 252 Bottles, 2009)
- Macduff 2007 Post-Octave (52.6%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)
- Macduff 2007 Pre-Octave (52.9%, Duncan Taylor 2018)
- Miltonduff 2008 Post-Octave (52.6%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)
- Miltonduff 2008 Pre-Octave (53.1%, Duncan Taylor, 2018)