Berry Bros & Rudd
We are Britain’s oldest wine and spirit merchant, established in the 17th century. Our flagship store has been located at No. 3 St James’s Street, London since 1698 when it was founded by the Widow Bourne. A supplier to the royal family since the reign of King George III, historic customers have included Lord Byron, William Pitt the Younger and the Aga Khan. We created the Cutty Sark whisky, and pioneered the vintage concept for The Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky. Today members of the Berry and Rudd families continue to own and manage the family-run wine merchant.
Berry Bros & Rudd Whisky Reviews
- Arran 16 Years Old 1997 Cask#2 Marsala Finish ~ 46% (Berry Bros. & Rudd) - Arran 16 Years Old 1997 Cask#2 Marsala Finish ~ 46% (Berry Bros. & Rudd) 46% ABV, £63.95 available from The Whisky Exchange Score: 75/100 What they say: A 1997 vintage whisky from Arran, bottled by veteran spirits experts Berry Brothers and Rudd. This was bottled in 2013 at 16 years of age, having spent an […]
- Balmenach 30 Years Old 1979 – Berrys’ Own Selection ~ 56.3% (Berry Bros & Rudd) - Balmenach 30 Years Old 1979 – Berrys’ Own Selection (Berry Bros & Rudd) 56.3% ABV, £130 for 70cl Score: 89/100 What they say: Balmenach distillery can be found at Cromdale, one of the crossing points on the upper stretches of the river Spey. Akin to many Malt Whiskies, there is very little bottled as Single Malt, […]
- Caperdonich 18 Year Old 1995 cask 95076 ~ 46% (Berry Bros. & Rudd) - Review: Caperdonich 18 Year Old 1995 cask 95076 Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky Origin: Caperdonich Distillery Bottling: Berry Bros & Rudd Cask 95076 ABV: 46% Cost: £87.61 from Master of Malt [sold out] What they say: A Berry Brothers & Rudd bottling of single malt Scotch whisky from the closed Caperdonich distillery. It was […]
- Glenlossie 20 Years Old 1992 [Cask 3464] ~ 46% (Berry Bros. & Rudd) - Glenlossie 20 Years Old 1992 [Cask 3464] (Berry Bros. & Rudd) 46% ABV, £68-£72 for 70cl available from [Berry Bros. & Rudd] Score: 88/100 What they say: 1992 Berrys’ Own Selection Glenlossie, Speyside, Single Malt Whisky Glenlossie, founded in 1876 by John Duff, lies just to the south of Elgin. The distillery was partially […]
- Longmorn 19 Year Old 1992 [cask 71768] – Berry’s own selection ~ 46% (Berry Bros. & Rudd) - Longmorn 19 Year Old 1992 [cask 71768] (Berry Bros. & Rudd) 46% ABV, £67.45 for 70cl Score: 87/100 What they say: filtered at 46% ABV. Produced near Elgin, this malt whisky is highly respected for its smooth, complex full character and heady bouquet. The primary aromas give yellow fruit skins and honey. There is some […]