Scotland’s most acclaimed bottler of rare single cask and limited edition single malt whisky. We exist to identify the very small number of casks that have produced the ultimate whiskies. The criteria for selection include rarity and maturity, but above all flavour. Adelphi whiskies are both rare and sought-after – these very special casks are so rare that, on average, Adelphi accepts a mere 4% that it is offered. Each single cask of whisky matures its contents very differently, imparting its own character to the whisky it holds and, as a result, there are never two Adelphis quite the same.
Adelphi bottles straight from the cask without colouring or chill-filtration
This allows the true and unadulterated flavours of the whisky to remain locked in, until released into the glass – with each bottling limited, by the size of the cask to between 100 and 700 bottles. Identifying only the very best casks allows us to offer a range of styles and regions with our panel of professional ‘noses’ chaired by world authority on Scotch whisky and Master of the Quaich, Charles MacLean.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Adelphi Private Reserve Blended Whisky (40%, Adelphi, 2016)
- Bladnoch 24 Years Old 1990 Adelphi Selection (54.1%, Adelphi, Refill Bourbon Cask #30549, 169 Bottles, 2014)
- Glenturret 25 Years Old 1988 Bourbon ~ 51.8% (Adelphi)
- Miltonduff 32 Years Old 1981 Cask 5066 ~ 53.1% (Adelphi)
- Mortlach 26 Years Old 1987 [Cask #3102] – Adelphi Selection ~ 57% (Adelphi)
- Scotch Boom – Ardnamurchan Distillery