- Region: Speyside, Scotland.
- Founded: 1898
- Status: Active
- Owner: Gordon & MacPhail
- Water source: Chapelton Springs in the Romach Hills
- Stills: 1x Wash 1x Spirit
- Capacity: 0.5 million litres per annum
Duncan MacCallum and F.W. Brickmann founded the Benromach Distillery Company in 1898. Duncan MacCallum had previously been working at the Glen Nevis Distillery in Campbeltown and FW Brickmann was a spirit broker in Leith, Edinburgh. Construction work started at the site of Benromach Distillery in 1898 however due to the depression in the Scotch Whisky industry in 1898 the distillery did not start producing whisky until 1900 but closed the same year due to a lack of money.
In 1911 Benromach was acquired by the London based Harvey McNair & Co who continued distilling until the onset of the First World War. After the war Benromach was acquired by Benromach Distillery Ltd and was run by this new private company until 1925. In 1938 Benromach was acquired by Associated Scottish Distilleries Ltd which later became a part of Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. Between 1966 and 1974 the distillery was modernised and continued to run until 1983 when the distillery was officially closed.
In 1993 Gordon and MacPhail took over the site and in 1997 they started to restore the distillery to a working order. The design of the distillery was changed slightly to allow it to be operated by one man. Finally in 1998 the distillery was officially reopened by Charles, Prince of Wales and bottling of the new malt started in 2004.
Benromach whisky reviews:
- Benromach 10 Years Old (40%, OB, 2014)
- Benromach 10 Years Old 100° Proof (50%, OB, 2014)
- Benromach 10 Years Old 2003 Origins Batch 4 Port Pipes (50%, OB, 2013)
- Benromach 12 Years Old 2000 Port Wood Finish (45%, OB, 2012)
- Benromach 15 Years Old (43%, OB, 2015)
- Benromach 21 Years Old Tokaji Wood Finish (45%, OB, 2000 Bottles, 2004)
- Benromach 35 Years Old (43%, OB, 2016)
- Benromach 42 Year Old 1973 Heritage Single Cask (48.9%, OB, Refill HH #4606, 52 Bottles, 2016)
- Benromach 5 Years Old 2000 Sassicaia Wood Finish (45%, OB, 3000 Bottles, 2006)
- Benromach 6 Years Old 2002 Monastrell Wood Finish (45%, OB, 920 Bottles, 2008)
- Benromach 7 Years Old 2000 Peat Smoke Batch #1 (46%, OB, 1st Fill Bourbon Barrels, 2007)
- Benromach 9 Years Old 2001 Hermitage Wood Finish (45%, OB, 1300 bottles, 2010)
- Benromach 9 Years Old 2005 Peat Smoke (46%, OB, 2015)