In Sweden, we find one of the world’s purest water, filtered to perfection since the Ice Age. It is no coincidence that the distillery is located next to a boulder with constant access to the crystal clear waters. Our Swedish barley develops a special sweetness during the long summer days, a sweetness that has become one of the cornerstones of our whisky.
A large part of our whisky is stored in new Swedish oak. The Swedish oak grows slowly in our harsh climate and gives the whisky a harsher flavor than American oak. The whisky gets a fiery spice balanced by sweetness similar to caramelized sugar.
Today we produce whisky with the same joy of discovery and experimentation as we did when starting in 1999, but in one of the world’s most modern distilleries. We do it according to the rules of art, but we do it our way and with Swedish ingredients. To produce whisky without additives and with as little environmental impact as possible is for us a matter of course.
In 2011, the world’s most climate-smart whisky distillery was completed, Mackmyra Gravity Distillery – a 35 meter high building where the manufacturing process is carried out using gravity.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Mackmyra Svensk Rok (2017)
- Mackmyra 12 Years Old (Chorlton Whisky) (2021)
- Mackmyra 5 Years Old Batch 2 (2020)
- Mackmyra Bjorksav (2021)
- Mackmyra Blomstertid (2016)
- Mackmyra Brukswhisky (2015)
- Mackmyra Brukswhisky 2008 vintage (2021)
- Mackmyra First Edition (2014)
- Mackmyra Special:07 Hope (2015)
- Mackmyra Special:08 Handplockat (2014)
- Mackmyra Svensk Ek (2021)