Carsebridge

Carsebridge-distillery


  • Founded: 1852
  • Status: Closed 1983
  • Region: Lowland, Scotland, Carse Bridge, Alloa
  • Online: n/a

History Established by John Bald who was granted the license to operate a distillery in the parish of Carse Bridge near Alloa in 1798. The distillery was converted to grain production in 1852 with the installation of two Coffey stills. Joining the Distiller Company Ltd in 1877. Carsebridge transferred to Scotitsh Grain Distillers in 1966. Following DCLs acquisition by Guiness, Carsebridge was closed in 1983 and later distillery buidlings were demolished in the 1990’s except for the Cooperage which remained operational before transferring across to the Cambus site in 2011.


The Whiskyphiles tasting notes


Official Bottling



Independent Bottling


The Spirit Still