- Founded: 1885
- Status: Closed 1987
- Region: Lowland, Scotland, Haymarket, Edinburgh
- Online: n/a
History Established in 1885 by Graham Menzies, Edinurgh distillery or later renamed Caledonian distillery initially housed one Coffey still. Later two large Pot stills were added for the production of an Irish-Style Grain whisky, revered amongst blenders for its consistency. Rarely officially bottled as a single grain, notable exceptions being a commemorative bottling for the 1986 Commonwealth Games held in Edinburgh shortly before its closure. In 2015 Diageo released a 40 Year Old 1974 vintage labelled ‘The Cally’. Since its closure in 1987, much of the distillery was demolished in 1988 or later redeveloped into housing. The original buildings and chimney stack can be seen next to Haymarket station. Since closing, rare casks of single grain have thankfully been bottled by Independent bottlers taking advantage of the Caledonian distillery’s closed status.