Egan’s Legacy Reserve 17 Years Old
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 17 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Single Malt Irish Whiskey
- Cost: €170
- Origin: Undisclosed distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Hints of honey, acacia, honeysuckle, vanilla, citrus and apricot
Mouth: Full bodied and incredibly smooth. baked peaches, pears and apricots with honey and a buttery mouth-feel.
Linger: Notes of nectar in a long satisfying finish.
What I say
Celebrating the release of Egan’s Irish Whiskey Legacy Reserve Vol III , finally onto the main event. Just 1000 bottled of this 17 year old Irish single malt have been released which has matured in American oak ex-Bourbon and finished in French oak Cadillac A.O.C. casks.
This post was sponsored by Egan’s Irish Whiskey by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Light gold (6/20), slow-forming, medium-fine tears and strong, medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet, highland toffee, milk chocolate, fruity peach and apricot, sweet honey and golden syrup, some apple and pear notes, a touch of floral blossom, vanilla, and oak wood.
- Taste: Succulent sweet and fleshy stone fruits, peach and apricot, backed by pear and apple, drizlled in honey, nutty with a nut brittle nature, toffee, fudge, oak wood, spiced nutmeg, buttery and mouth-coating, medium-full bodied and very smooth.
- Finish: Long, ripe apricots and nectarine flesh, sweet honey, nut and some spiced black pepper.
Superbly smooth and very sweet and fleshy/juicy stone fruits abound, like biting into ripe peach, apricot and Nashi pears. Wonderful.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review